Summer is here, so why don’t you pick up your backpack and enjoy all these sunny days. Our suggestions are Mui Ne, Nam Du island, Ha Tien for long-distance trips. However, If you are not fond of travelling too far away from your home then try a nearby beach destination: Vung Tau.
Part 1: How to travel to Vung Tau
Ba Ria – Vung Tau province is just 100 km away from Saigon’s central, so there are plenty of methods to take a vacation here, riding motorbikes and catching buses are two most popular ways.
Go straight from Hanoi Highway to Dong Nai Bridge and when you hit the overpass (called Nga Tu Vung Tau) which is about 500 meters away from Dong Nai river, take a right turn to National Route 51 (Quốc lộ 51). Go straight further about 100 km and then voilà, you are in Vung Tau. This is the first and easiest direction to go to Vung Tau.
The second route to Vung Tau from HCMC is 20 km nearer than the first one. You’ll need to get on a ferry in Cat Lai (District 2) to get to Nhon Trach (Dong Nai). And then, all you need to do is following this route to be in Vung Tau.
Time to travel: 2h30 – 3h30.
Price: VND 100.000/round-trip (it’s for purchasing fuel).
You can choose one of these travel agencies but remember to buy tickets in advance if you do not want to pay a high fee.
– Hoa Mai: Vung Tau – HCMC and HCMC – Vung Tau
- Opening hour: 4 AM – 5:30 PM.
- Agency in Vung Tau: 0643.531 980 – 0643.531 981
- Agency in HCMC: 0838.218 928 – 0838.218 927
- Price: VND 85.000 – 90.000/one-way ticket.
- Opening hour: 6 AM – 7:30 PM.
- You can buy and reserve your sit here futabus.vn, or call 028 3838 6852.
- Price: VND 100.000/one-way ticket.
– Thien Phu:
- Price: VND 90.000 – 140.000/one-way ticket.
- Visit vexere.com or call 064. 3 62 52 62 – 0917 35 10 35 (Vung Tau); 0917351035 – (08) 35112958 (HCMC) to obtain tickets.
- Price: VND 85.000/one-way ticket.
- Call (08) 35.112.112 to purchase tickets.
Pacific Express boat is the newest kind of transportation from HCMC (Nha Rong Habour) to Vung Tau (Cau Da Habour). It takes one and a half hour to get to Vung Tau.
– Price when travel on Saturday and Sunday:
- Children under 6 years old: free.
- Children from 6 to 11 years old: VND 120.000/one-way ticket.
- Old people from 62 years old: VND 175.000/one-way ticket.
- People from 12 to 62 years old: VND 250.000/one-way ticket.
– Price when travelling in weekday:
- Children from 6 to 11 years old: VND 100.000/one-way ticket.
- Old people from 62 years old: VND 140.000/one-way ticket.
- People from 12 to 62 years old: VND 199.000/one-way ticket.
(to be continued)