Undoubtedly, Vietnam is a wonderful place to start a new chapter or even try a new career path but it requires expats to have a Vietnam Work Visa. Under many circumstances, expats may find it hard to get a Visa, Work Visa and permit, either they are moving or just working short-term due to the system & language barrier. If you haven’t checked out our blog to know ways to obtain a Visa yet, do it now.
Additionally, obtaining a Work Visa in Vietnam has become much more accessible than it had been in the past. Hereby, Hoozing team will walk you through step by step.
Who can apply for Work Visa?
To work in Vietnam legally, foreigners require to have a Work Visa (LĐ Visa). It has a maximum validity of 1 year, but in case the work permit is valid for less than 1 year, the validity of the corresponding Work Visa is equal to the work permit’s one. Single or multiple entry options are given to this Visa type.
The following persons can apply for a Work Visa in Vietnam:
– At least the age of full 18 years old and have full civil act capacity;
– Health has good condition, professional skills and corresponding work experience to fulfill the condition of relevant vacancy;
– No criminal record or bring into account according to Vietnamese laws, as well as laws of other countries;
– Have a Vietnam work permit granted by the Ministry of Labour, War Invalids and Social Affairs (MOLISA).
5 Easy steps to get Vietnam Work Visa
Both the place where you’re working and yourself should follow these 5 steps below to obtain a Work Visa.
Step 1: Required documents
- Operation license of the company/office where you is working for (it can be the Business registration certificate, or investment license, or operation license of a branch or representative office);
- Certificate of seal specimen or Statement of Seal Use by the Company
- Form NA16 – Registration form for the seal and signature of the legal representative of the enterprise operating in Vietnam;
- Form NA5 – Application for visa, visa extension, extension of stay for foreigners in Vietnam.
- One photo 3*4cm
- Work permit or work permit exemption certificate.
- Copy of valid passport
Step 2: Submit the documents
Representatives of your company will submit the documents mentioned above at the Vietnam Immigration Department or the Immigration Office in the city or province where its head office is based.
After submitting the documents and paying the visa fee, the submitter will receive an appointment note stating the expected date to receive the visa processing result.
Submission date: Monday to Friday (Office hours), Saturday morning.
Step 3: Receive the Visa Letter
The company’s representative, on the appointed date, will visit the Immigration department/office to receive the Visa Letter (if issued).
Step 4: Inform the foreign employee
After getting the letter, the company shall notify you in order to continue completing the visa procedure.
Step 5: Receive the Work Visa and pay fee
Last but not least, you should go to the office of Vietnam embassy/consulate in your host country to submit:
- Form NA1 – Vietnamese Visa Application attached with 3x4cm photo
- Original valid passport
- Copy of the visa letter issued by the Immigration Department/Office of Vietnam
Moreover, you should pay for the visa fee applied by the embassy/consulate to get the Work Visa stamped onto your passport.
The processing time of a request for a Work Visa by the Vietnam Immigration Department/Office is normally 5 – 7 working days since receipt of full required documents.
Soon Vietnam will announce the end of the Corona pandemic, and open the international flights. No doubt that Vietnam will be a hotspot for foreigners to come and work. If you’re thinking of moving to Vietnam, why don’t contact us before household prices rise?
Rent with Hoozing – the Leading in Rental Service in Ho Chi Minh city
In need of experiencing a fast & professional rental process and living in a place that suits your demand? Contact us now to explore our full process for rent & find your most suitable apartments. Simply call 19003100 or click our main website to make a request.